Thursday, April 24, 2008

Worry

I'm a worrier by nature. Whenever I hear that something has happened that I can't control, I can't help but stress about it. Today I found out that a friend of mine might be quite ill, and though I was worried earlier from not knowing, once he told me the worst case scenario (blood tests are still pending) I felt a hundred times worse. I hate this feeling of helplessness and not knowing, not being able to do anything. I can't help but be scared. I want to help, but I don't know how. And as long as I know the worst case scenario, that's all I can think about. Injuries I can handle, those are somehow less serious in my mind. Illness though, where one's own body is out if their control, such a thought is so terrifying. I like being in control. Things that take me out of control are probably the scariest things in the world to me. It could be something as simple as stress, or it could be something really serious. My prayers are with my friend, and they're something of a comfort, but I still can't help but be scared.

No comments: