Friday, May 23, 2008

Plans for the Future

Despite my stubbornness in listening to the advice of those who mean the best for me, I think I've finally made some tentative plans for how to go about my ambitions for going back to school and eventually becoming a professor. It happened after a long talk one night with a friend of mine, where I realized that I was being held back by my insistence that I couldn't do more than one thing at once ie: I couldn't be teaching school and studying at the same time. I had been resisting the idea of getting "trapped" as I put it into teaching school. My dad had suggested that to me since long ago, but since I'm often inclined to disagree with him out of long habit, I shrugged off the idea. I've lately been considering it more as I realize that more and more charter schools are hiring in positions that I could easily teach and enjoy working in. I'll be making more money than I'm making now by a long shot, able to be back on my own, having my own space and hopefully being closer to my friends. I definitely don't want to stay in my hometown...I love visiting back here, but living here is quite empty anymore, there's little here for me beyond family. I love my family dearly, but I have to look to my own future. So wish me luck as I apply for some teaching positions in the charter schools that I find that are hiring.

1 comment:

Kate said...

This change in plans is new to me, but I think it sounds like a great idea. Why not teach and learn at the same time? Good luck with those applications!!