Thursday, September 25, 2008

Lacking in Wisdom *rolls eyes*

I got my wisdom teeth out this morning, and though it's not great, by any means, thus far it's a lot better than I expected. I was very nervous, and kind of stuffy, since I couldn't take my allergy meds, but they were very nice and quite calming. They led me into the room, covered me up with a blanket, explained everything as they did it, and kept asking if I was ok and chatting with me. The nurse who put in my IV was also very nice, and much more skilled than the idiot paramedic who tried it during my car accident a little over a year ago. He tried three different places (one hand and both elbow crooks) and couldn't get it in. She slipped it in, I didn't even feel it, and then the anesthesiologist was chatting, he put something into the port, and the next thing I knew I was waking up. I don't remember a thing. I was tired on the way home, and I napped a lot, have to change my gauze a lot, and have some fun lovely meds for pain. I'm only allowed to eat pudding and milkshakes and things with no texture right now, but tomorrow I can move up a little, to apple sauce. A few days after that, things like soft fruit, melon and the like, pasta, and mashed potatoes. The other weird thing is that I'm supposed to eat a lot of small meals every time I take my meds, which is hard, I'm not used to eating that often. They said Saturday will be the worst day, as far as pain and swelling, but thus far it's only soreness and working on controlling the bleeding. The strangest part at this point is that part of my mouth is still numb from the novocaine, and the only part still numb is the left part of my lower lip and chin...earlier it was my whole mouth, and I was dribbling everywhere. Anyway, wish me luck, and we'll see how it goes for the next week.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I know I'm days late...it's been a challenging weekend over here as well. I'm glad that everything went well! How are you feeling? Do you have all this week off from work. I need to email you. I'll try to do that today. Right now I'm finally getting caught up on blogs.

Ha, and if anyone is lacking in wisdom, it's me! ha ha

Istari the Angel said...

I'm ok, right now my biggest complaint is the vicodin, which I really don't like the effects of. It's made me moody and lightheaded, not to mention my stomach upset. I hope I never have to take this stuff again, because I hate it. I don't like having my emotions manipulated, and I don't like any kind of dependency on meds like this anyway. I've decided I'll deal with the pain until it's gone.